Thursday, May 14, 2009

Day trip to Portland!

Our college had a school holiday one friday so Shana and I decided to get out of Eugene for the day and head to Portland. We choose portland mostly because it is the only city in Oregon with an Ikea and we wanted to get some stuff for our apartment but we also wanted to go to the Zoo! I haven't been to the zoo in LA in years!! besides the packs of screaming kids, the zoo was very enjoyable.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket




Got to love the animals!! They were so cute. The Portland Zoo had an amazing selection of animals and are doing alot of construction to bring even more! Can't wait to go back to see them. After the Zoo we drove into downtown and found and amazing little Thai restraunt .. it was the best thai food I've ever had!! It is a tiny little place.. only had about 5 tables that we saw, and we were the only ones in the place! But I have a feeling that place is hard to get into at night.. If you ever visit Portland make sure you hit Kinara Thai Bistro!

Photobucket

PhotobucketPhotobucket

With full bellies we drove around Downtown for a while. I love the architecture and buildings.. Portland is an amazingly beautiful city. We then stopped for dessert at this crazy doghnut shop called Voodoo Doughnuts where they make Vegan doughnuts! Only in Oregon LOL. They have all different kinds .. including some with cereal on top such as fruitloops. I got one with rasberry tang and sprinkles and let me tell ya it was amazing! After the Doughnuts we got back on the freeway where we finished our day off with my favorite place to shop.. IKEA! Shana and I bought some really cute things for our apartment! I will post pics soon of that to...

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket


Such a wonderful trip with my roommate in Portland!

No comments: