Saturday, June 6, 2009

The Cuthbert...

Photobucket

The Cuthbert is a really awesome ampitheatre near the edge of Alton Baker Park and walking distance from my apartment. For those of you in California it is very much like the Greek Theater. The best part about the Cuthbert is right outside of it. It is placed right on a little stem off of the Willamette river with grass and trees. Tons of people just bring picnics and boats and hang out right out side the show for free and still get to enjoy the awesome music. I got to go last sunday with A friend of the Darcy family Matt and all the kids from when I lived with Debi. It was such a fun time just hanging out at the river and listening to Santigold, which I really enjoyed. Matt had brought a little blow up kiyak and took me down the river a bit. I loved the atmosphere.. it reminded me of a Greatful Dead concert from when I was little. It is times like these that I am so glad I moved to Eugene. This sunday Ziggy Marley and 311 are playing and I plan to be there!

Photobucket

Photobucket



Its hard to see in the pics but the person in the middle of the red boat is dressed like a really funny looking wizard.. like a disney character.. the kids were going crazy over him haha. Fun Sunday for sure!! After this we went back to the Darcy house (my previous residence) and sat around a campfire in the back yard.. I love the weekends!

2 comments:

Jessica Rodarte said...

So pretty. I want to go for a visit...

KurtandKellie said...

beautiful!