Monday, November 16, 2009

Floating on the Willamette


Summer in Eugene is beautiful and there are a lot of fun things to do outdoors, which is one of the reasons why I moved to Eugene in the first place. One of my favorite adventures was "floating" down the Willamette River with our family friends Timmy and Riley. It was a beautiful day and turned into quite the adventure when two of our rafts popped and we got stuck on an island in the middle of the river until around sunset. It was one of those moments that is funny now but at the time was a little crazy. There is also a lake about 15 minutes from my apartment that I went to a lot to get some relief from the hot sun! I thought it was suppose to be cooler here! Most of my summer I was sitting in a classroom however, 12 units in summer school is a crazy idea by the way. After summer school ended I headed back to California to finish up my summer for about a month and a half, which is a whole other blog post :). So far every new season in Eugene is my new favorite season because they are all so amazing!!



No comments: